Expiration Reminder integrates with Trello and allows you easily import users and also create Trello cards when items are about to expire reducing your data entry times.
Things to know before you begin
- Contacts in Expiration Reminder are matched with users in Trello based on their email address. Make sure that email addresses in both systems are up to date and that they match for the same users.
- You need to have a Trello account already created to be able to connect to Trello.
Setting up the Trello integration
If you already have an Expiration Reminder account and want to integrate with your Trello account, follow these steps:
- Go to Your Account on the top menu and click on Integrations.
- On the screen, look for Trello under project and task management. Click on the green Connect button.
- If you are already logged into your Trello account, it will prompt you to Authorize right away. Otherwise, a login page will pop-up before you will have access to Authorize.
- Once you Connect and Authorize the integration, you will need to configure Trello for your Expiration Reminder account.
You can sync users from Trello into Expiration Reminder so you can assigned them as contacts on expiration items. Any synced user will be added as a contact on Expiration Reminder. Users configured on any Trello team are included in the synchronization.
If there are any users that can be synced automatically, it will indicate so on the configuration screen. Just click on the Sync Users to Expiration Reminder and the process will start automatically.
For users that can’t be sync automatically, the green button will show with the message Manually Sync Users to Expiration Reminder. Click on the button and a screen will show with details about users on Trello that aren’t on Expiration Reminder.
You can add the users just by clicking on the Add link button and they’ll be added as contacts automatically.
If you’d like to Ignore a user, just click on the ignore link and it won’t show up on the users to be synced table.
Creating a card
Expiration Reminder also allows you to create a card in Trello when an item is about to expire. This allows to reduce the entry time on Trello and is useful if you’re tracking expiration dates for contracts for example.
To configure an expiration item to create a card when is about to expire, click on the Trello tab when creating or editing item. In the screen tick the checkbox Create a task and then select the contact to whom the task will be attached to. Keep in mind the contact had to be previously synced from Trello into Expiration Reminder.
You can also select a project into which create the task or select no project to just added to the assignee queue.
Need more help?
Don’t worry, just send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we can assist. This also includes if you have any suggestions for tasks that you would like our integration to be able to do.