When configuring multiple fields, you might need to group them in different tabs on the expiration item screen. This prevents having a long list of fields on the default Custom Fields tab.
How grouping fields in tabs work
By default, each category has a default tab called Custom Fields where all fields are shown. Generally looks like this.
But when you have a long list of fields, you create tabs on the categories and have the custom fields show up on different ones.
Adding a tab
To add a tab, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Categories menu at the top.
- Step 2: Click on the Tabs link beside the category.
- Step 3: Click on Add a new Tab.
- Step 4: Enter a name for the tab and click Save.
Assign a tab to custom field
To assign a tab to a custom field, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click on the Category menu at the top.
- Step 2: Click on the Fields link.
- Step 3: Select the field you need to change tab it displays on.
- Step 4: On the tab field, select the tab.
- Step 5: Click Save
Delete a tab
Tabs can’t be deleted. If you need to delete a tab, you can always rename it by clicking on the name so it can have another purpose.