Contacts are used in Expiration Reminder to receive notifications. They cannot login into the system but can receive emails and SMS reminders.
Adding a contact
To add a contact follow these steps:
- Step 1: Go to Contacts on the top menu.
- Step 2: Click on Add a new Contact.
- Step 3: Enter a name for the contact.
- Step 4: Enter an email for the contact.
- Step 5: Enter the phone number to receive SMS messages. If no number is entered, the contact won’t receive SMS messages.
- Step 6: Enter the time zone the contact is in. This will work in conjunction if the time to send reminder field on the expiration item. If reminders are set to be sent at Lunch, the time zone will be used to send the notification lunch at the designated time zone.
- Step 7: Enter the contact type. You add more contact types if needed.
- Step 8: Enter the user this contact is assigned to. This is used for managing permissions and what contacts a specific user can see and manage in the system.
- Step 9: Enter a location for the contact.
- Step 10: Click on Add Contact.