Most of the time you’ll also need to store additional information about expiration item besides the information already collected like name, expiration dates, etc. In this cases, you can add custom fields in Expiration Reminder to help you track and store this information.
Custom fields in Expiration Reminder are defined at the category level. Let’s say for example that you’re tracking drivers licenses and that beside the name of person who holds the license, you also need to track the license number and the state where the license was issued. In this case, you’ll create a category called Drivers License and add two custom fields to the category: number and state.
To configure custom fields follow this steps:
- Step 1: Click on Categories in the top menu.
- Step 2: Click on the Fields link for the category you wish to add custom fields.
- Step 3: Click on Add a new Field.
- Step 4: Enter a name for the field.
- Step 5: Select the field type. You can select from Text, Date of Choice. If you select choice, you’ll be give the option to configure what options you want to show up on the dropdown field.
- Step 6: Select the tab when the custom field will show up. The default one is Custom Fields.
- Step 7: Click Add Fields.
Entering custom field values
To enter information on the custom fields, create or edit an expiration item and then select the category were the custom fields where created. If you click on the Custom Fields tab, you’ll see all the fields configured before.