Besides entering content on email and SMS notification templates, you can also add variables like expiration item name or expiration date.
Inserting variable fields in a template
To insert a variable, click on the drop down right above the Body field when adding or editing a template.
You can insert the following variables:
- The expiration name: contains the expiration item name.
- The expiration date: contains the expiration date of the item. Keep in mind this can be formatted. For example, if you want the date to show up in the YYYY-MM-DD format, then add the variable like $expiration.ExpirationDate.ToString(“yyyy-MM-dd”)
- The expiration comments: This is the details field in the expiration item.
- The category name: this shows the category the item belongs to.
- Days to expire: This shows in how many days the item will expire.
Keep in mind that all these variables also work on the Subject field.