Mobile templates in Expiration Reminder are tracked as separate email templates but with the type set to Mobile Template. This will make the template available in the mobile template list for regular email templates.
Mobile templates can’t be configured directly on expiration items, categories, locations or contact types. You set email templates for these, but not mobile templates. Mobile templates are only set when editing or adding an email template. This way the system will know what mobile template to use when sending an email template.
Mobile templates support the same variables as regular email templates. You can just add them from the “Click here to insert variable” dropdown list.
Adding an mobile template
To add a mobile template follow these steps:
- Step 1: Click on the top menu on Your Account -> Email Templates.
- Step 2: Click on Add a new Email Template.
- Step 3: Select mobile template in the type list.
- Step 4: Enter a name for the mobile template.
- Step 5: Enter the body of the template. Keep in mind you’re limited to 160 characters for mobile message. If your message is longer than 160 characters, Expiration Reminder will break the message into multiple messages. You can also add email variables in your template by clicking on the variables dropdown.
- Step 6: Click Save.
On the right hand side, you have a preview of how your mobile message is going to look like when is sent.